2015/03/11

Lost Coast Designs - Challenge 50 shades of GREEN

For this color challenge I brought out my pallet of green to the foreground and used some of my fave LCD rubber stamps for some Mail Art inspired pieces.
LCD 50 shades of green 3
An array of inks by brands Memento, Kaleidacolor, distressink, ancient page and staz-on. The rubber stamps by LCD: art angel, chess king and chess queen.
50 shades of green
I did some ink testing prior to making my project below. Kaleidacolors is one of my fave brands for multicolor ink pads.
LCD 50 shades of green 2
I ended up choosing the Art doll, the squiggles border and the small doll face rubber stamps. The background is made with dylusions cut grass spray and ranger distress ink/stains (shabby shutters and peeled paint). Then used brick stencils with green paint to create some texture. Stamped the Art doll with olive green Staz-On on the envelope. I used Memento cottage ivy to stamp the squiggle border like sun rays in the top right corner. The small doll face I stamped on a 1 1/2 inch neon green sticker and used that face as a sun. Left some space for an address to send out as mail art :)
I hope this inspires you to play along with the challenge. You can win a 20$ gift certificate to spend on Lost Coast Designs rubber stamps.

Click the picture to go the blogpost for more info on how you can join in.

 50 shades of green bloghop



21 comments:

  1. I can feel the joyous fun you had playing with all your green supplies, a wonderful piece of Mail Art Tarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun to see "the making of" your project !

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that 1st photo...so inspirational. great project too. BIbiana
    DT LCD

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow such a cool and effective looking page! Love the stamps you have used too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely piece of artwork....lots of greens used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see how you made your artwork and the products you used, great job !xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely stash of green inks, dont know how you decided what to use. Fantastic mail art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cards and all the greens........on behalf of Pat C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. all the greens work well on your layout.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always think about decorating envelopes for mailing but then I never do. Yours looks wonderful. I may have to make a better effort. I would love to see that in my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab piece of mail art Tarah-Miss Thundercat! (I just love your 'handle') :) You've got all kinds of green goodness going on here!! It's too nice to mail! :) LOL :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.