2015/10/20

Paper Goods: Maruman Mnemosyne Word Cards

Last week I got ill with a really unpleasant flue type thing and was stuck at home for a good while. So I thought I'd spend my time doing what I like to do best, organizing and cataloging stuff. Yeah it was almost like being at work ;) I wanted to make a better and more comprehensive chart of all the inks I have in samples and bottles. The color chart wheels I made with Le Typographe ticket books are fun, but limited to the set of pages in those booklets. When I heard about the Mnemosyne Word Cards on the Goulet Q and A while back, I knew these would be perfect for what I had in mind.

It's swabbing time! Going to re-swab every ink on the Mnemosyne word cards. #inkswabs #inkswabbing #fountainpenink #fpgeeks #inksampler #FPN #fountainpennetwork #inksamples #colorcoordination #colorcoding
This was my set up: In front of the telly, while watching some Graham Norton episodes on you tube... And then it was swabbing time! 
A colorful mess... remnants of an ink swabbing session #inkswabs #inkygoodness #inks #Fpgeeks #qtips #fpn #fountainpennetwork #fountainpeninks #colorcoordination #inkymess
These maruman wordcards are so good to use for ink swabs! I just discovered them and then to find out they are being discontinued is really sad! #maruman #mnemosyne #wordcards #inkswabs #Fpgeeks #inkygoodness #inkyproblems #inkymess #swabbingtime #FPN #fo


The cards hold up ink really well, great drying time, no bleed through and minimal feathering!
The pen I use in writing samples on swabs. Onoto de La Rue. #inkswabs #inksampler #Fpgeeks #diamine #poppyred #ink #fountainpeninks #FPN #fountainpennetwork #swabbingtime
Q-tips are great for swabs, and I made sure I hit the edges of the cards and used a vintage semi flex pen, by Onoto de La Rue to dip and write the brand and ink name.

100 swabs done and I might be only 1/2 way through... #inkygoodness #inkyproblems #Fpgeeks #maruman #mnemosyne #inkswabbing #FPN #fountainpennetwork #
The booklet has 100 sheets with 156 grams of water color like paper. Because there is no bleed through, you can also opt to use the back of the cards. I will use it to write information on the type of ink on (ie if I have just tried a sample or a bottle) 
And three ink sample trays in, I already filled one of these booklets! I am currently busy with booklet number 2 and the sad news is that I heard these word cards are being discontinued, so I stacked up on them to make sure I can still use them for future swabs.

Hope this gave you some idea's on how to make your own ink swabs.

Thanks for stopping by!

namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.