2016/02/29

Mail Art Monday: Dorothy Rose

Mail Art 2015-031

The mail delivery of this one had a bit of a hick-up, but it finally arrived so I can share it with you here. I sent this to my friend Tera a.k.a. the Crafty Sugar Addict for a personal mail art swap. She posts amazing Mail Art tutorials on her blog as well as on the Viva Las Vegas Stamps DT blog. I was in love with the Northeren Lights Mail Art she made for MAM and it is more stunning in person.

Fantastic mail art received from @kattera22 😀 Thank you dear I love it! #mailartists #received #mailin #IUOMA #mailart #rubberstamped #rubberstampart #northerenlights #VLV

This is what I received from her. Look at the color tones and the card is fantastic too :) I love it!

Listening to Adele and making some mailart on this lovely monday #mailartists #mailartmonday #octopodefactory #roses #dorothy #wizardofoz #stencils #IUOMA #mailart #snailmailing #snailmailrevival #colorcoordination #promarkers

I am glad she was happy to receive the envie I made for her too (even though it took quite some time to arrive...) This is how it looked pre-addressing. How I made it: I used Pilot Iroshizuku Kon Peki fountain pen ink to color the envelope blue (I added a few drops with a pipette on the envie then sprayed with water and dried it with my heat tool). Then placed Succulents Stencil from Stencil Girl Products over the envie and dabbed some copper paint with a round brush on the sides, fading out to the middle. Placed an address sticker a little to the right off the middle and colored the edges of the lable and the envelope with a Red Promarker. The Dorothy and Rose stamp are from the Octopode Factory (founded by late lily Chilvers). I stamped them on separate papers, colored them with promarkers and cut them with a small scissors then adhered them to the envelope.

I just love how bold the colors turned out on this piece #mailartists #mailart #snailmailing #snailmail #mailartmonday #octopodefactory #dorothy #roses #rubberstamped #rubberstampart #envelope #mailout
I enjoyed coloring these images. The dress has so much detail and with the Letraset Tria Promarker super Fine tip, you can color in details like this without much trouble. I prefer those markers most when it comes to detail work. 

When I was done with the envie I sealed it with a bit of matte Modge Podge so the colors would hopefully not bleed through during transit. 

I definitely love doing Mail Art swaps and if you would like to do a swap with me you can find me on Swap-Bot (my preferred swap place). Or you can contact me through my Facebook page or just leave a comment on this blog post. 

Hope this inspires you to create some mail art :) Thanks for stopping by!

Namasté

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.