2016/02/01

Mail Art Monday - tribute to David Bowie

Exactly three weeks ago the news hit that David Bowie passed away. It really seemed like the whole world was grieving this loss. I sure was and I have shared my process of this grief with you here. A weekend later I made a limited edition run prints of 12 that I put up for sale on my personal FB page to share with friends. They were gone within a day. For the envelopes I made customized stickers and I sent 12 pieces of mail art the following monday.

Making prints with my Bowie stamp

Prints made with archival chalk versamark ink on A4 white matte sticker paper.

Stickers are done. Going to be on envelopes of the prints I am sending to friends.

It was quite a process coloring and cutting them all out, but the result is very pretty, if I may say so myself.

All these prints went out today! Thanks for the orders and I hope you all will receive them soon :) #davidbowie #printmaking #print #mailart #mailartists #mailout #sent #outbox #snailmailrevival #snailmailing

All prints carefully packaged and ready to be mailed out. I love seeing the reactions of my friends when they get them in the mail. A few of them from instagram






Due to requests from others whom missed out on the first run of the print, I might make more Limited Edition runs of this carving to sell in the near future. If you are interested in a print, please follow my facebook page for updates. 

Have a great week!

namasté

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.