2016/04/01

Pop a Color Technique ATC

Besides really great Mail Art swaps you can do via Swap-Bot, you can also do a whole bunch of ATC swaps there. At the group All Bout ATC's you can swap, well the title says it, ATC's mainly :) They often host fun technique swaps there and this one is for the "pop a color" series. The main design needs to be black and white with a dash of the mentioned color in the swap. For this swap, the color was Lavender. I'll show you how you can make a couple of these ATC's very easily in one go. All the stamps I used are from Lost Coast Designs. If you are in the EU you can order them from Inkadinkadutchies

Pop a color ATC's

I took a sturdy piece of white paper and roughly measured the ATC size on it, three times. Stamped the Art Nouveau Woman's face with Archival black ink and then made a mask for them.

Pop a color ATC's
Then I chose a couple of fun ATC background stamps, got my versamark pad and black embossing powder. I cover the images next to it with the roll on post-its (also the material I used to make my masks with).

Pop a color ATC's
I stamped each section with a different back ground stamp using versamark and then put embossing powder on them and heat set with my heat tool.

Pop a color ATC's
The reveal (taking off the masks) is always a fun moment. I was quite happy with the results and took an ATC size card to cut the 3 pieces out on the right size.

Pop a color ATC's
When you have done that, you can easily make corrections to the piece if you're not totally satisfied with the looks. I added a bit more leafs to the design on the left to make it look "fuller". Out of these three, I chose the right to use for this color project.

Pop a color ATC's
As you might know by now, I also like to use fountain pen ink to color my work. I found a nice color that would do for this swap, Toucan Violet, and honestly it does look a bit more like a lavender to me. I placed a drop on water resistent paper and got to coloring. 

Pop a color ATC's
I took my Kuratake water Brush and proceeded to color the flowers and her robe with this color. Making this lighter with water and if I wanted more shade, I just picked up more of the ink.

Pop a color ATC's
And this is the end result. I matted the piece on black card stock so it has a bit of a frame. I also added some pearl accents to the flowers and in her hair to give the ATC more of a shimmer. You can make these quite fast and easy. These did not take me longer than 30 minutes to make. 

I did something different to the other two ATC's though which I will show you next week.
Hope this inspires you to "pop a color" on your projects :)

Thanks for stopping by!
namasté

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.