2016/05/06

Art Journal - Today is a gift

Today is a gift - art journal

Recently we went to see Kung Fu Panda 3 in the cinema. I totally loved it. The movie was full with inspirational quotes, zen and mindfulness related ones that I would love to use in my projects. This quote is from one of the movies 
"Yesterday is history,
tomorrow is a mystery,
today is a gift,
that's why they call it present"
- master Oogway.
With yesterday being  Liberation Day, it is definitely a fitting quote!
 I wrote it down with a Swan fountain pen and AM turquoise Calligraphy ink on a background I had previously made. The background is a color wash with Distress Stains and glimmer mist sprays. Stamped over with Viva Las Vegas nibs and dip pen stamp. Also used impression Obsession Fountain Calligraphy pen rubber stamps. I stamped Lost Coast Designs Loopy Calligraphy background stamp with versamark on the edges and embossed with WOW violet interference. It has a nice shimmer to it!

Today is a gift - art journal

I took a page in my art journal and decorated the edges as my Tip-in piece is smaller than the journal pages. I used Distress Stains, diluted with water and adhered with a brush on the page. Dried with heat tool and stamped with Brilliance ink, staz on and distress ink with stamps from Designs by Rynn (textures) and Katzetkraft (rounds). When I was satisfied with the look of it I adhered the qoute page on it.

Today is a gift - art journal
Art journal details
This is the finished page in my art journal with a detail shot of the embossed parts. In the end I added some shadow to the lettering with a black fine liner. I love how the colors pop in the middle with the dark frame around it. 

A good reminder to treat today as a gift and enjoy the present :)


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

namasté 

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.