2016/05/27

Craftorij Summer Challenge 2016

It's almost June and that means the Craftorij Summer Challenge is nearly starting! What is the Craftorij summer challenge you ask? Well this year there is also an English FQA and I'll post it here:


"What is the Craftorij Zomer Challenge ( Craftorij Summer Challenge) or #CZC
The Craftorij is an art supply shop in the Netherlands owned bij Lia Sauer.
With a group of ladies who all got to know each other over there we started the Summer Challenge in 2014 for the first time.
For 2 months you will get a daily prompt, it is posted every night around 20.00 European time. The post will be pinned on top of the page with an example ( for your inspiration) made by one of the hosts. At the files section there will also be a list with all prompts available, so if you miss one you can always check the list.
You can make the prompt on an index card (10x15 cm in size so roughly 4x6 inches) and you can use techniques and materials you like most or which you have available. It's a Dutch group but we will also post the prompt in English for you. A
Joining us is completely FREE and there are no obligations. If you want to make all prompts (that’s what we like most of course) that’s great but if you miss a few that’s no problem too. You can always make them later.
The only thing is that it would be nice if you show us your piece of art so we can all inspire each other. If you go to the albums section you will see that for each day, we will create a new album. You can add your images to the album and post a comment immediately. This makes your image pop up in the newsfeed of the group. So no need to post it 2 times.
For reference please always use the #CZC and the number of the prompt you are making."


Last year I also did an attempt for the CZC 2015 challenge and went relaxed about it. I didn't finish the whole ride, at some point other obligations took over. But it's always fun to see what the prompts inspires you to make. Some prompts I had a strong idea on and others not so much and that is ok. The 1st warm up was "your favorite color" and even after all that glorious Posie Pink on my pens and ink post past wednesday, I assure you my fave color is still sea blue/turquoise ;) 
I have 2 books of maruman watercolor paper and a bunch of photo paper (from last year) on that 10x15 size so I will use that. The little mermaid was my fave movie while growing up and inspired me to make this piece for the first warm up challenge. 
CZC warm up 1 - your fave color
CZC warm up 1 - your fave color
The background I made with a combination  of ecoline, winsor and newton and fountain pen inks in various sea blues on maruman watercolor paper. I mixed a bit with perfect pearl green for the shimmer. Then I ran it  through my cuttlebug with the distress rays emboss template, which I also used for the "knowledge is enlightenment piece" from last week. For depth I traced the embossed outer lines with tombow sea green dual brush pen. The mermaid I stamped and colored with promarkers on sticker paper and cut her out and adhered to the piece. I did lightly stamp her on the piece with archival black for the hair placing. And I definitely love how this looks!  
CZC warm up 1 - your fave color
I scanned the piece and while the colors look darker, she shimmer shows quite nicely! 

If you are planning on playing along with us, to see the prompts and other creations you have to join the facebook group. You don't have to make all of it, just see what the prompts your creativity inspires to make. That's is how I'm entering this summer's challenge :) 

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful creative weekend!

Namasté 

2 comments:

  1. Had 'm al op FB gezien, maar vind 'm prachtig! Fijn weekend verder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel Gerrina! Zie ook zoveel leuks op FB voorbij komen, heel inspirerend allemaal! Groetjes!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.