2016/09/23

Stencil Me Gelli Prints

Recently I had the time to play with my 8 inch round gelli plate again. I used a lot of stencils I bought at the Art Specially event earlier this year and sharing a few prints I made here. The stencil I used below, I needed to have because I knew it would make an awesome print!

Gelli prints with Viva Decor Jaguar stencil. The right one has a laminated overlay using the tape transfer technique. @gelliarts #gelliplate #gelliprinting #monoprint #jaguar #cheetah #handpulledprint #handprinted #mixedmedia #mixedmediaartist
Gelli prints with black and yellow paints and Viva Decor Jaguar stencil. The right one has a laminated overlay using the Gelliplate tape transfer technique.

gelli plate printing session
A closer look on the one on the right. First I pulled a mototone yellow circle and then added black to the mix. Then pulled the print through the stencil you see on the left side of top picture. Then I took a large laminating sheet which I cut to fit the round gelli plate and pulled the tape transfer (slowly and rubbing the aria's with paint all the way). I overlayed it on the yellow base print and I am pleased with the first try of this technique! Next time I might add more black to the mix to see if I can get the transfer a bit darker.

gelli plate printing session
I made more prints with the tree and stars stencils I used in Nature's Beauty mail art piece from last monday. This time I pulled a mix  of purple and pinks on the background first. I also added a bit of iridescent medium to the mix to give it a bit of shimmer.

gelli plate printing session
I liked that mix so much I also used it for this print. Another stencil from Clarity, the Seed Heads, was used for this print.

gelli plate printing session
This is a "clean up" dirty print - I used this paper to take away excess paint from printing sessions and you can create some fun prints this way as well!

gelli plate printing session
I also printed on tracing paper and this definitely is one of my faves prints I pulled from that day. I'm going to add these prints to my art journal and mail art which I am setting some time aside to do this weekend :) Hope to show you those results soon.

Hope this inspired you to get your Gelli plate out and start printing with stencils as well. It's super fun to do! 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

namasté

1 comment:

  1. WAt heerlijk is dat toch om met stencils en andere dingen te spelen!
    Mooie afdrukken en ja vooral die 1e is prachtig! Fijn weekend verder!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.