2017/03/24

Art Journal: Fragile

Art journal: Fragile
This week has been filled with springtime inspired projects. When the weather changes to brighter days so does my mood and you can really notice that in my work. I would like to share this art journal page with you I made recently and it's inspired by the prompts over at Rubber Dance blog. The theme challenge now is everything spring which is their Mid month challenge. 

Earlier this month they also had a color challenge based on the below color scheme.

And isn't it just gorgeous? Absolutely wonderful spring time colors! Due to time constraints and a holiday in the first weeks of march I wasn't able to participate, but I'm happily combining the two of these challenges together which resulted in the art journal page I am showing you today.

Art journal: Fragile
Let me tell you how I made the base. I started off by spraying some magenta, yellow and turquoise dylusions spray on a piece of A5 paper. The yellow and turquoise blended to a bit of green here and there which I loved. I then took a script and postage stamp and stamped with corresponding Staz-On colors. I placed a script stencil over it and then dabbed some Paper Artsy Fresco paint hint of mint through it. I built up everything else from here.

Art journal: Fragile
The Birds stamp is from Studio light and the flowers from Artemio. The postage border around the birds is also from Artemio. I accentuated the birds with a mint colored gelpen to have then stand out more.The Fragile stamp is from paper Artsy and I also colored it in with the mint gel pen.

Art journal: Fragile
The flowers are stamped with midnight blue & dove gray Staz-On and then overplayed with versamark and violet interference embossing powder. These wonderful flower postage stamps, also in corresponding colors, have a great pop up effect on the over all lay out.

Art journal: Fragile
I splattered some Hint of Mint paint and a bit of Liquitex Gold INK on the page, colored the border with Chipped Sapphire distress crayon and matted it onto a light blue card stock before adhering it to my black spiral bound journal. A light, happy, colorful page to ring in the first weekend of spring :)

I'm also entering this art journal page in the following challenges:
HeARTful stamping Spring + Stamp 
STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge March 

the Stamps and Stencils March Birds challenge

AND as invited to the Art Journal Journey Out and About challenge


Happy Spring
I digitally altered the page to add the words to it and to use as my FB banner for the coming weeks. 
Happy spring to you all!

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!



19 comments:

  1. This is absolutely WONDERFUL and would fit OUT and ABOUT over at ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE again !
    Maybe you want to link again?!
    Happy weekend!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susi! I would love to link up again and thanks for the invite :) Have a wonderful weekend! xo Cheetarah

      Delete
    2. Thank you for linking up Cheetarah!♥

      Delete
  2. Ik merk dat ik ook wat frissere en vrolijke kleuren pak...al doe ik dat altijd wel, maar nu lijken ze ook zonniger...
    Mooi je collage! Krijg er meteen een voorjaarsgevoel bij! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you added this beautiful page to AJJ. The spring colours and images are fantastic.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page, your idea to use the postage stamps and stems to create your spring flowers is brilliant! Visiting you from AJJ and wishing you a great weekend! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful journal page, so many interesting thing to see here !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolutely gorgeous page, Cheetarah. I love it. Beautiful!!!!! Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge. I hope to see your lovely work in our gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors! I am also post stamp lover and those additions are perfect additions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning mixed media - it just shouts spring! Congrats on making my Top 3 over at heARTful stamping this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for selecting my art journal page in your top 3 Chris :) Much appreciated :)

      Delete
  9. Amazing colours and texture, Cheetarah! Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPloratiosn Mixed Media Challenge. Good Luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cheetarah. I love how the pop of the postage stamps is blended beautifully into the background by the splatters and stamping. Very well thought out and it looks absolutely beautiful.
    Thank you for joining in the Everything Spring challenge at Rubber Dance (and the colours from the previous challenge look awesome).
    Dot x
    inkartdesigns

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! I love this so much! Thank you for joining us over at Rubber Dance. Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the postage stamp flowers, such a cool idea!! So nice to see that you have combined our previous colour challenge with our Spring theme - worked out really great!! Thank you for joining our Spring challenge at Rubber Dance once more ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful work, thanks for playing along at Creative Mixed Media Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous. Love the real postage stamps against the postage stamp image. Love you combined both challenges. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous art journal page! So many wonderful details and great colors! Thank you for joining us at Stamps and Stencils! Branka DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I was just thinking how I miss incorporating postage into my art! How ironic! You have really highlighted these stamps beautifully with your gorgeous colorful collage. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.