2017/04/26

It's time to focus - SDC#272 Guest post

One layer - Stampotique Originals guest post April

It's my last week over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge blog as guest designer and wow this month just flew by! Today I am sharing the project I made for this fortnight's challenge; One Layer. One of the most common techniques to achieve a one layer image is to use masks. I've done that with this journal page and only used 2 stamps, Topher and You cannot depend quote stamps and the Enlighten Stencil from Donna Downey.

One layer - Stampotique Originals guest post April
First off I have stamped Topher in the middle, then masked and stamped on either side. I used Staz On mustard yellow and dove grey to stamp because I wanted to do a no line coloring in them (a coloring technique where you won't see the stamped lines). I used my stamping ruler to get the placement right. I measured the quote so that it would fall on that line width and not beyond. When I had my Tophers set, I stamped the quote in memento black and a few times with dove grey. I colored the guys in with Letraset Promarkers. Now the advantage of stamping with a lighter ink pad is that you do not have to follow the lines of the stamp! I gave them different lines in the pants section as i wanted similar lines as the shirt. And the middle one is yellow/orange because he's the bright light of the bunch, ha! I do LOVE how topher and the quote really match!

One layer - Stampotique Originals guest post April

Next up I placed the light bulb stencil over the image and traced with a faber castel pitt pen. I then colored it in with chalks and colored pencil, but thought it was too light. So I made a mask for the lightbulb and used my distress ink in yellow with a blending tool to get a bright yellow beam of light around the bulb.

One layer - Stampotique Originals guest post April
I stamped the quote several times on the outside of the bulb and used a copper paint pen for accents and spatters. Made some shadows and accents with chalks and called it done.

One layer - Stampotique Originals guest post April
A close up of the page where you can see the chalky accents in the bulb. 

As Topher is trying to do, I'm getting my imagination into focus and I hope this inspired you to play along with this fortnights theme over at Stampotque Challenge blog!

I wanted to thank Stampotique team again for having me over for a visit this month, I really had fun! And I hope you have enjoyed the projects I made their stamps this month as well :) 

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


3 comments:

  1. This is BRILLIANT! Love how you have made this one layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een gave voorkant is dit geworden! Mooi die 2 zachtere afdrukken, de combi met de gloeilamp en die tekst ook in de achtergrond...mooi geheel! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.