2017/07/12

WIP: Words with meaning!

Hello friends! What are you doing on this lovely Saturday? I am using this fun words die cut from @tim_holtz and @ranger_ink on @gelliarts gelli printed paper. I just love this whimsical handwriting font, don't you? What are you doing on this lovely Satur

After getting my cuttlebug out a few weeks ago and giving it some love, I came completely besotted with die cuts and got myself a few new ones to play with. Like these handwrtiiten celebration words set from Tim Holtz. I just love that font! So my desk was littered with all these die cuts.

die cut mess on my desk
They are so fun to cut out from gelli printed pages and that fun whimsical script will be great for on cards. The only thing is, in my enthusiasm I forgot to back the paper with doublesided adhesive, so it's going to be a pain to glue them on... well thankfully I have a trusty ZIG 2 way glue pen that really is useful for this. Anyone has other tips to glue down delicate die cuts? Please do share :)

Linking up to Julia's WOYWW #423 - and glad to hop off to see what's on everyone's desk this week. Last week I missed it because of this special announcement, and it was my week to share inspiration for the Stampotique Challenge Celebration (which is still going on this week) so while I do hope to participate and visit everyone's desk (well try to anyway) I won't be able to do it every week... but I am sure not everyone can participate every week, right?

Thanks!

I also wanted to say a heartfelt THANKS! to everyone taking the time to visit my blog and post a comment on my work or just to say hi :) It's so appreciated and warms my heart everytime, thank you!! I have a giveaway in the works sometime later this month with all sorts of craft stuff I have been keeping but never use. It's time to give them a new home! So if you haven't yet, please follow my blog so you'll get an update on that giveaway :) 

Have a wonderful "hump day", thanks for stopping by and catch you all later. 


16 comments:

  1. Hi there, love all the die cuts. I did a similar thing recently, then took a leaf out of Diana Taylor's ( A Velvet Moth) book, and bought a load of postcard/trading card/banknote storage sheets, and put them all in those, in an A4 binder. Works great to make them easily accessible, and keep the from getting bent.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use gelli prints for die cutting. They create such a gorgeous effect. Happy WOYWW Sarah #23

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the die cuts, The colours and using the gelli prints is a brilliant idea... Have a great creative week ahead... May#13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are great! Such fun!
    Happy WOYWW :)
    Claire no. 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your visit earlier - will stamp my heart out tomorrow as I wait in for a parcel to be delivered.
    Love those diecuts ..... brill idea to use gelli prints, thanks for the tip.
    have a good week
    Christine #14

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on making the design team! Love your die cuts and I just got a gel press through my company. Haven't had time to play, yet. Thanks for the visit! Hope you have a great week!
    Carol N #24

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I have seen die cuts like those before - they are fab and will make some great items. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, the font of those dies are wonderful. Have a good week Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those die cuts too - but they are on my wish list! I love how you cut them from gelli-plate papers! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #31

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting earlier. Great die cuts - sometimes I press them onto sticky dots tape or sheets to pick up the adhesive and use it to stick them down.
    Bernice #20

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super die cut words - thanks for sharing - Hazel WOYWW 36 x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cheetarah. Well done at getting on the Stampotique DT, I so love those stamps and have quite a few of the older ones. I'm with Shaz on the storage sheets, they are brilliant. When I start with a die I like to cut extras and I used to have them all over the place and couldn't find them when I wanted them, now I know where they are. Have a great woyww and a lovely crafty week, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great WOYWW Have a great week xx Jan (26)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great die cuts and always lovely to have selection all cut out and ready to go.
    sandra de @8

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh, those die cuts are fabulous! Julia adores text and font so you'd better be careful that she doesn't snaffle yours, lol!!
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool! Have a great week. Dorlene #30

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.